The Lambussie District Assembly exists primarily to improve upon the living standards of the people through the effective and efficient mobilization and utilization of resources through the direct participation of the people in a friendly environment and on a sustainable basis.
The Assembly will become a world-class entity which delivers quality services to meet the needs of its people including the vulnerable and excluded in society.
The development goal of the Lambussie District Assembly is to facilitate and co-ordinate the delivery of all sectors of the Assembly to meet the national and district objectives in collaboration with the private sector.
This would be achieved by:
• Formulating, executing and monitoring implementation of plans and policies.
• Providing basic socio-economic infrastructure.
• Maintaining law and order.
• Organizing capacity building programmes for staffs.
• Effective revenue mobilization.
• Effective co-ordination of the activities of decentralized departments, sub-district structures and NGOs.
• Promoting private sector development.
Speaker of parliament, Prof. Michael Aaron Oquaye has advised members of parliament to take physical exercise seriously to help keep them fit to always perform their legislative and other duties effectively.